Thursday, June 9, 2016

Hair In All the wrong places - Blog Tour - Character Interview







Link to Goodreads:

Purchase Links:












Hair in All the Wrong Places by Andrew Buckley
Publication Date:  June 7, 2016
Publisher:  Month9Books


What has he done?

What’s happening to him?

And what on Earth is that smell?

For Colin Strauss, puberty stinks. Blackouts, hallucinations, and lapses in memory are the perils of growing up werewolf.

Worse than that, Colin worries he might have had something to do with the recent attacks on the townspeople. He may have eaten a person. It doesn’t matter that it’s someone he doesn’t particularly like. What kind of boy goes around eating people?

Foolishly, all Colin can think about is how Becca Emerson finally kissed him for the first time. Yep, hormones are afoot. Yikes!

But girls will have to wait. Collin better get himself under control before someone else ends up hurt or worse . . . dead.



Character Interview with Collin


1.  What are you keeping secret?
If I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret. Well, to be honest, I don’t know myself. I’ve been experiencing these ‘changes’. And not the normal changes you’d normally expect from a 13 year old at the peak of his . . . uh, whatever it is I’m at the peak of. There’s so much hair, and the dreams, and the possibility that I may or may not have eaten one of my classmates. Maybe I’ve said too much?

2.  How can you decide if you can trust someone?
It’s a simple process of elimination. Did the person ever hit me/insult me/make fun of me? If the answer is yes, then there’s a good chance I can’t trust them. I can also smell whether they’re trustworthy or not. Dammit! I said too much again!

3.  What are you especially proud of?
Before a few weeks ago I’d have said I wasn’t proud of anything I did. I was so bland I could quite literally blend into the background. But lately, with all these ahem changes that I will not be speaking about, I have a lot to be proud of.

4.  A day in the life of Collin - all the good things.
These days I start my day by shaving. You’d be surprised at how much a teenage werewolf boy has to shave. Then I venture into the woods and hunt animals using my bare hands and claws wits. School is a challenge what with all the weirdos students. And I get to participate in some extracurricular activities where I learn to be a better werewolf member of the Elkwood community.

5.  And what really is that smell???
You know, I was almost certain that it was my gym socks but after further examination, I’m pretty sure I’m smelling the cows in farmer Jenkins’ field . . . 2 miles away . . .
Did I mention I’m a totally ordinary teenage werewolf boy? I just want to make it clear that I’m perfectly strange normal. <INSERT RANDOM WOLF HOWL HERE>








Andrew Buckley attended the Vancouver Film School’s Writing for Film and Television program. After pitching and developing several screenplay projects for film and television, he worked in marketing and public relations, before becoming a professional copy and content writer. During this time Andrew began writing his first adult novel, DEATH, THE DEVIL AND THE GOLDFISH, followed closely by his second novel, STILTSKIN. He works as an editor for Curiosity Quills Press.

Andrew also co-hosts a geek movie podcast, is working on his next novel, and has a stunning amount of other ideas. He now lives happily in the Okanagan Valley, BC with three kids, one cat, one needy dog, one beautiful wife, and a multitude of characters that live comfortably inside of his mind.

Andrew is represented by Mark Gottlieb at the Trident Media Group.








No comments:

Post a Comment